Gloves are important for gardener! I hope you know that but if you don’t, here are some the major reasons why one should consider getting a pair of trustworthy gardening gloves next time they are working in the garden:
Good quality gloves will protect your hands from blisters, thorns and cuts when you are doing rough work like digging or pruning in your garden. Investing in one or more pairs of quality gloves is a good decision and you definitely won’t regret it.
The following are some tips on choosing the right pair that will suit your needs best:
- Preferably look for quality and resistant leather gloves with a cloth back; this allows the gloves to breathe and keep your hands dry, cool and comfortable while you are working.
- If mud is of concern to you, select rubber gloves with cotton lining. Your hands won’t get dirty.
- When spraying pesticides or chemical products choose gloves that are made from neoprene. Other gardening gloves made from latex or any other type of plastic may not offer the best protection here. You should avoid letting your skin get in touch with such products.
- When pruning plants with thorns such as roses, use gloves that reach up to the arms for more protection.
- In case you operate large garden machinery, buy gloves in brown instead of red as the latter may dye your hands.
- Light cotton or “fingerless” gloves may be helpful for transplanting seedlings. They allow more dexterity when handling and so help to prevent the tiny roots from being crushed.
- And last but not the least, make sure that the gloves you buy actually fit your hands well. If you have small hands, why not try the children gardening section. There is nothing worse than struggling to garden in gloves that are too big or too loose.
Your gloves have to be comfortable and give protection to best serve your gardening needs.
Whether you enjoy gardening or not, gardening books are wonderful to read and learn. Even someone who is not interested in gardening will like planting a miniature garden after reading it.
Gardening books are excellent for any type of gardener at any level. No matter how much gardening knowledge and experience you have, I guarantee you there is a gardening book somewhere that has something in it you don’t know. Gardening books can be used no matter what you grow: shrubs, flowers, vegetables, fruits, and trees, even those of you who grow weeds!